Journaling and Back Testing
A Guide to Journaling and Back Testing: Over 90% of the most successful traders keep a trading journal!
The stats don't lie. Over 90% of the most successful traders keep a trading journal. The other 10% who don't keep a journal and are still successful are either naturally gifted traders or just plain lucky.
Erich Senft, CTA is the founder of TradersHelpingTraders.com, SupportandResistance.com and CoffeeTradersForum.com.
Erich has written for many trading sites, publications and trading educators. His patience and knack for explaining complex trading concepts in a clear and concise manner make him a popular author and trading coach.
Erich does not force his own ideas or trading style on other traders, rather, he helps you bring out your strengths, identify and work with your weaknesses and develop a comprehensive trading plan of your own.
The commodity futures markets first captured Erich’s attention in the 1970′s when the Hunt brother’s made the news when they tried to corner the silver market. Ever since then he had a desire to learn more about what made the commodity markets tick.
Many years after Erich’s initial interest in commodities he was introduced to the Ken Robert’s trading course. After experiencing mild success with the limited strategies offered by Ken Roberts, he delved deeper into the study of the commodity markets and became particularly interested in the concept of support and resistance as the basis of all technical analysis.
In 2011 Erich started to provide a coaching service to traders for Indicator Warehouse, and in 2012 joined the team responsible for developing DTS, the Diversified Trading System, a popular day trading system. Erich is now full time coach and moderator of the Indicator Warehouse Trading Room.
Erich is a graduate of the University of Alberta business program and has a Bachelor of Commerce degree. He is also a registered Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA). He lives in the Pacific Northwest with his wife and three cats. When he’s not talking or trading commodities you can usually find him on the golf course chasing a disobedient little white ball.
Get started now!
Required Disclaimer: Commodity Futures Trading Commission: Futures and Options trading has large potential rewards, but also large potential risk. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures and options markets. Don’t trade with money you can’t afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to Buy/Sell futures or options. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.
CFTC RULE 4.41 – HYPOTHETICAL OR SIMULATED PERFORMANCE RESULTS HAVE CERTAIN LIMITATIONS. UNLIKE AN ACTUAL PERFORMANCE RECORD, SIMULATED RESULTS DO NOT REPRESENT ACTUAL TRADING. ALSO, SINCE THE TRADES HAVE NOT BEEN EXECUTED, THE RESULTS MAY HAVE UNDER-OR-OVER COMPENSATED FOR THE IMPACT, IF ANY, OF CERTAIN MARKET FACTORS, SUCH AS LACK OF LIQUIDITY. SIMULATED TRADING PROGRAMS IN GENERAL ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO THE FACT THAT THEY ARE DESIGNED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFIT OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN.
TESTIMONIAL DISCLOSURE: TESTIMONIALS APPEARING ON TRADERS HELPING TRADERS MAY NOT BE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE EXPERIENCE OF OTHER CLIENTS OR CUSTOMERS AND IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE OR SUCCESS.